Denise and I have decided that August shall be Patch Bounty Month. You can make up a fetching title if you want, but the idea is that we're picking up a bunch of $25 Amex gift cards (20 to be precise) and are going to be giving them away this month to contributors.
How does this work? It's pretty simple!
We will track every pull request submitted for the month of August, and the first 20 eligible people to submit pull requests will each get a $25 gift card. We don't care if you're a long-time contributor or if this might be your first time, and we don't care if it's tiny (fixing typos counts!), we just want to say thanks for contributing. :)
There is, of course, a tiny bit of fine print:
- Dreamwidth staff and contractors are not eligible
- Contributors must have a CLA on file
- Gift cards will be awarded to the first 20 eligible unique people who submit pull requests on Github in the month of August 2013, sorted by pull request number
- Pull requests just have to be submitted on Github, they don't have to be reviewed or committed
- If we have fewer than 20 eligible unique people, we will distribute the remaining gift cards by doing the same logic for a second pull request
- We reserve the right to pass over a pull request if we suspect foul play, gaming the system, etc (just in case!)
Questions, comments, etc? Ask away!